1.25.2012

.The Sock Bun.

I did it.

I attempted the popular sock bun and though I did not look like these women, I didn't completely fail.

Here is my sock bun after 8 hours of sleep.

A tad beat up but victorious..

..it actually stayed in!
 While my curls may not have been as glamorous as others achieved, I certainly got volume..

..with a bit of frizz.
It was fun and will definitely try it again.

Any tips for more curls, less frizz?

The look I loved best was the night before when I successfully had my hair slicked back with a gorgeous full bun on top of my head. 

I felt like a movie star..

..only was missing my designer gown and red carpet.

Maybe next time ;)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I actually love the bun for everyday-you look striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I must find out how to do this "sock bun". I have long wavy hair and if it means I wouldn't have to style it I'd LOVe iT!

    Yours turned out great!

    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sock bun did not work for me in the least bit. Well, yes it curled the sections of my hair that were closest to the bun, but that wasn't the problem. My problem was that my hair wanted to stay in an invisible poneytail on top of my head! Can we say awkward volume?

    Now when I want curly waves I use the method from this tutorial ~ http://www.thedaybookblog.com/2010/10/first-of-many-im-sure.html

    It's basically: wash your hair at night, sleep in a braid, pull it out in the morning, curl your hair with a 2" barrel curling iron, pull apart, and hairspray. There are some really good tips in the video. So if you're interested I'd definitely suggest watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you do it with wet hair? That's what I do and it's great every time. Might I recommend Aussie curl mousse? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this as well and it did not work for me at all. My many layers didn't help when trying to put my hair up either but I'll definitely try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I wonder if I can try this with my hair...it might not be long enough yet. Visiting from The Pleated Poppy :)

    I'm hosting a giveaway for a $50 maurices giftcard on my blog, so be sure to head on over and enter! :)

    http://mandyford.blogspot.com/2012/01/maurices-giveaway-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, Katie! My hair isn't long enough to try it out, but this is still a good trick to keep in my back pocket. :)

    ReplyDelete