7.02.2012

.Wind Storm Damage.

Friday night, minutes after shooting fireworks off with friends, wind gusts began out of nowhere and picked up to 80mph in our area of Virginia. Our little town and so many more up the Eastern coast were hit hard, really hard.

People's homes and cars were completely destroyed by fallen trees and utility poles..people are without power and water..without a cool place to sleep..

Appalachian Power has given the estimate of a week before any power is restored. I cannot even imagine all of the phone calls they have received over the last two days. My prayers are not only with the people without a home and power but also with the workers of AEP.

In our town of Lynchburg alone 25,568 homes are without power. Adam and I feel a mixture of guilt and luck because we have been blessed with power and no damage done to our home or property. I have been thanking God everyday for sparing our road.

I wish we had more room to hosts friends with little ones. This 100 degree heat almost took the life of our friend's 10 day old baby. The parents were notified by their baby monitor that their baby stopped breathing. With God's grace and quick thinking from the baby's father, they were able to bring life back to their baby girl. She went 15 seconds with zero response and no breathing. Praising God for bringing her back. The family is now with friends staying cool!

Adam's family have been staying with us the past two days and will continue to until power is restored in our town. Please pray for everyone, especially those without a home and power. Pray they find meals, air conditioning, and a safe cool place to tuck their little ones to bed.

It is not looking promising. (Photos taken by Kipp Teague)
These photos were all taken around Lynchburg. It is sad.

Our home is open to anyone needing showers/clean laundry! We have had many friends, even my boss, take us up on the offer so please come by!

Again, please lift this situation in prayer.

16 comments:

  1. That storm was so scary. We were at our family lake house on Smith Mountain Lake in Union Hall, VA? We lost power Friday night at 9:30 and still didn't have it when we left Sunday afternoon. We could deal with the no a/c (we were at the lake!) but once we ran out of water we had to hit the road. Praying everyone stays safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural disasters are some of my biggest fears -- sometimes there is literally nothing you can do to prepare and they come out of nowhere. Scary stuff. Lots and lots of prayers headed your way and to all those impacted by this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that is insane.... i hope power is restored soon. no one should be without power in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is so intense! Praying for those affected by the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a mess! So glad that baby is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you all are safe! It looks like recovery will take a bit. Praying for you and the line workers who have to deal with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I've been out of town away from the media coverage. I had no idea!

    Horrific scene there. It's so kind of you to offer your home...
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard from friends that it was bad- but these are the first pictures I've seen! It breaks my heart! I'm so glad your home is ok! I heard Liberty was opening up East Campus for people too. You are all in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe the damage out there - so glad you are ok and are opening your home to others. Will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This damage is just terrifying. I heard on the news that it will take a week to restore power but now I know why. I had no idea how extensive the damage was. How nice of you to open you home to friends to shower.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't really watch the news anymore. I knew storms had hit but I didn't realize how bad it was. Prayers your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The AEP estimates are a week before all power is restored, not befor "any" power is restored. a lot is already back up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing. Prayers for al.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were without power until 7-8-12 at 7pm. It was definitely a very trying time but I am thankful for those men who have worked so tirelessly (and I am sure they are exhausted) to restore our power. It grieves me when I read letters to the editor blasting the restoration efforts. All it takes is looking around at what they had to repair and it is no wonder some of us had to wait so long.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We live out west in arizona. The news media never really covers the horrific tragedies occurring aRounD the nation. But let a politician, who the globalist don't like, cross his eyes and they are all over it. Anyway, we hope you are safe. Kodo's to you and you generosity. May God continue to bless you AS HE HAS DONE SO FAR.

    ReplyDelete