7.10.2012

.Main Hallways: One Year In + Source List.

When deciding how and where to decorate the front of our home, I am so incredibly happy I didn't overlook our two main hallways and leave them out.

The biggest changes we made to our hallways included painting a lighter and brighter color (read here), adding more natural light and space by tearing down a wall (read here), creating a corner gallery (read here), and the most recent--replacing the light fixtures as well as the old thermostat.

Take a look at the transformation--from Dark to Light:
Source List:

White frames: Walmart and Ikea
Light Fixtures: Ikea
Smarty Pants Thermostat: Nest

Our corner gallery has been rather upset with me these past few weeks because I have not put a single thing in their frames! I have been collecting things from various trips, family photos, and artwork from Etsy to hopefully fill them with joy soon, stay tuned :)

Thanks for visiting! 

4 comments:

  1. Your corner gallery is seriously one of the coolest things I've seen. I'm quite inspired :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples and comparisons! I just changed out the bulbs in my entire house and can really see a difference. Everyone should do this not only for the cost savings but for the energy savings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so different. Love that you took out a wall to add more light. The corner gallery is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing difference! And I owe you such a big thanks for introducing me to those Ikea lights! We just replaced all the old lighting fixtures in our house with them, and I love them!! I'd been waiting and waiting to find something that I liked, and who knew the perfect solution was sitting at Ikea the whole time? P.S. I love your thermostat - how cool!

    ReplyDelete