7.25.2012

.Deck Makeover Reveal: Phase 5.

This past weekend I was finally feeling better and officially beat my cold! (I was sick for almost two weeks so I'm not certain I am the one who "won" BUT good news I'm healthy again!) I had the energy to finish decorating and accessorizing our deck to show you the final reveal.

We kept everything simple and relied on the power of paint and stain to 1. save us money and 2. cause the greatest amount of change. 

Phase 5: Decorating and Accessorizing 
And a reminder of where we started:
Our main goal was to add warmth to the deck and turn it into a living space to sit and relax with friends and family. You can read about our makeover process here and here

We chose to add navy shutters to match the front of our home and picking yellow came natural to us for a bright accent. (Both Adam's high school and my high school used blue and gold as their colors.)

I am very pleased with the oil rubbed bronze finish on the light fixtures and hardware. They really pop now against the white siding and yellow doors. 

The outdoor rug incorporates deep blue, lime green, and a neutral tan that matches exactly to the outdoor carpeting we had installed. I thought the green in the rug would tie in nicely with our ferns and the ribbon used to hang the wreaths.

I made three different yarn wreaths to "cozy" up our doors. I chose to hang them with sheer lime green ribbon to match the green in the rug, as I mentioned above, and I must say it came in handy I had it in my stash of craft supplies--gotta love when that happens!

We also used two outdoor chairs and pillows we purchased from Target two years ago to give us a place to sit and talk in the shade. 

Here are some close ups:
After moving last year, Adam and I purchased new outdoor furniture from Target and set it on the deck. 

Here is a picture for you:
While we enjoyed this arrangement, it quickly became annoying having to bring the cushions in every night. It may seem silly but it was a hassle, especially when we went out at night never knowing if it would rain or not. Our deck is also long and very narrow so it felt a bit snug. We now have a new set up with this furniture that I will (hopefully) share with you next week! So this year we wanted a place to eat and play games with friends and family. 

Take a look:
The table, chairs, plants, and bowl were purchased on a recent Ikea run. I chose this particular table because of the wooden panels. I thought the shape and color would play off nicely with the deck boards as well as the horizontal bars on the dining chairs.

I used our dishes, utensils, and glasses along with new napkins from West Elm (on sale!). If we have more than four for dinner or games, we can easily add the two brown chairs at the ends--instant seating for six!

The table runners were truthfully meant just for picture purposes. I simply bought the most inexpensive fabric that matched our yellow paint and had the girl at Joann's cut them to the size I needed. I spent a total of $4.00 and thrilled with their pop in the photos. It's money well spent in my book and who knows, maybe I will use them :) I wish the photos showed the true color match but the lighting was hard with extreme sun and extreme shade.

Because everyone loves Before and After photos:

 Thought I would end this post with pictures portraying our makeover progress:
 Source List:
Table: Ikea
Chairs: Ikea
Bowl: Ikea
Rug: Overstock (rug goes on sale frequently and comes in variety of sizes)
Shutters: Home Depot
Napkins: West Elm
Paint: Valspar Golden Delight Duramax Exterior Semi Gloss Finish (paint and primer in one--highly recommend priming FIRST)
Brown chairs and pillows: Target (2 years ago)
Wreaths: Made with supplies from Michaels 
Stain: Sherwin Williams Spiced Chest

{linking to some of these fabulous parties}

Happy Living--Happy Designing
and remember
--Little Things Bring Smiles--

18 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous m'dear! I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love your use of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have done an incredible job!LOVE the yellow doors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the "Before" and "After" - what a difference! I know you're going to enjoy your new outdoor space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Way to go and I love the yellow doors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That furniture looks soooo comfortable! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I love the yellow and the shutters! Please come hang out and link up to our link party "Home is Where the Heart is" Please feel free to link up any posts you might want to share! :)
    http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-3/

    ReplyDelete
  8. GIRL! You are so talented! I need to hire you when we get a place. FO REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new look id fantastic!!! Amazing what a dab of paint and stain can do :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is beautiful. I love how you decorated your deck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forte School of Music is providing Music Lessons in Howick Auckland , New Zealand. Forte School is best in Music , Singing , Guitar and Piano Classes. Contact us now 09 534 222

    ReplyDelete


  12. شركة الاندلس تقدم خدمة تنظيف المسابح فى (الدمام-الخبر-الظهران) يجب تنظيف المسابح من فتره لاخرى لتخلص من الجراثيم والفطريات والاوساخ العالقه داخل المسبح للحفاظ على صحة اصحاب
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام
    البيت فلا تتردد واتصل بشركة الاندلس لتاتيك على الفور بحيث تعمل على سحب جميع المياه من المسبح والقيام بغسله بمواد مطهره ومعقمه ثم ضخ المياه به اكثر من مره والقيام بسحبها حتى تتم
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالخبر
    عملية التنظيف وبعد ذلك يتم امتلائه بالمياه النظيفه فشركة الاندلس تتميز بتوافرها على مدار اليوم مع تقديم عروض وخصومات من فتره لاخرى على عمليات تنظيف المسابح بجميع انواعها
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالظهران
    وتقدم شركة الاندلس خدمة تنظيف المساجد فى (الدمام -الخبر الظهران )من اكثر الاشياء التى يعمل الناس على تنظيفها هى دور العباده والمساجد لانها تعتبر وجهة المسلمين والاسلام فيجب الحفاظ عليه
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالدمام
    نظيفا وطاهرا ويتم ذلك دون الحلول عن الصلاه كما فى السابق فمع شركة الاندلس تقوم بتنظيف المساجد فى وقت قصير بين الصلوات باستخدامها لاحدث الالات المتطوره التى تعمل على غسل السجاد
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالخبر
    والموكيت وتنشيفه فى وقت قصير ودون تحريكه مع قيام فريق العمل بتنظيف جميع اجزاء واركان المسجد فشركة الاندلس هى الافضل على الاطلاق فبادر واتصل بشركتنا لتحصل على خدماتنا المتنوعه
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالظهران

    ReplyDelete
  13. من افضل الشركات في مجال مكافحة الحشرات الماهر كلين شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    كما نقوم بفك وتركيب وتنظيف جميع المكيفات الماهر كلين شركة فك وتركيب مكيفات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete