9.30.2011

.Little Things Bring Smiles Part 11.


The name of my blog is

Little Things Bring Smiles.

I chose this title because it is important to remember the little things in life and to rejoice in them. My reason for blogging is to share my life, all parts of it {including the good, the bad, and the ugly} along with the crafts and DIY projects I complete. Each month I want to focus on the little things that brought smiles to my days. I would love for you to share your little things and see if they bring a smile to me, or another reader :)

 Here are my little things from September:

- Making my first yarn wreath
- Driving 3 hrs to and from Ikea on a Saturday with the hubs
- New purchases, thanks to Ikea
- Falling leaves
- Arranging a "Guys Night"
- Starbucks dates with Adam
- Dinners at home
- Seeing an old lady walking home with groceries decked out in jeans, flannel shirt, puffy vest, and cowboy boots (I hope to be as cool as her at that age!)
- Gas prices dropping to $3.19
- Having 'Breaking Bad' marathon nights with Adam, thanks to Netflix
- Watching an 8 week old baby every day
- Snuggling with the baby
- Feeding her
- Making her smile, so precious!
- Grocery shopping "dates'
- Having friends over to sit and chat around the fire
- New camera lens
- Celebrating my niece's first birthday
- Visiting with family
- "Torturing" our pup by bathing him with the hose on the deck (just hilarious, Shiba Inus do not like being wet)
- Listening to old songs Adam and I grew up with thanks to Spotify

And two BIG things:
- Reaching 500 followers (what? how did this happen?)
- Remodeling our home!


Now it's your turn, what are your little things?

Always remember,
Little Things Bring Smiles!

9 comments:

  1. Katie, I looked for where I could send you an e-mail, but couldn't find your address. I know you are here in VA, and I wanted to let you know that next Saturday, 10.8, there is a little Blogger Luncheon being held in Richmond at The Cheesecake Factory. Visit the blog "A Glimpse Inside" for the details, or send me an email and I'll forward you the information.

    Hope you can come.

    Kristol Faucheux
    the Magic of Ordinary Things
    www.theMagicofOrdinaryThings.blogspot.com

    kdfaucheux@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a confession;I am totally jealous or your wreath!It's absolutely divine!

    http://tinkin91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike and I just started Breaking Bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO important to remember the things that have made us smile, especially on days when nothing seems to go right. My September smiles include the school year starting on a (pretty) good note, cozy weekends at home, my kitties, and spending time with my husband and family...they always make me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is definitely helping me remember to appreciate the little things...my happies for September include seeing my lovely friend get married, going on a cruise with my mom and sister and having a job interview (no news on the job though...maybe that will be an october happy!) Congrats on 500 followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are soooo many things that have brought me smiles this grand month of September! :) My baby girl's first birthday, lots of time spent with family, Fall decorating and chillier weather (sometimes chillier), baking with pumpkin and apples again, the start of Fall television again, getting back into God's Word and striving to make my relationship with him strong once again.

    :)

    Love you, Kate! Congrats on 500 followers (and now more)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your blog and I really love the "little things" lists. Its so important to remember all of the little things that we have been blessed with. Newest follower! Stopping by from http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com Come by and give is a visit some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. With all the times I have been on your blog, how was I not already following?! Well I am now and I love it!

    ReplyDelete