4.29.2011

.Tea For Three Please.

I did it.

I woke up at 4:55am and arrived at Adam's grandmother's house at exactly 5:30am to watch the Royal Wedding. My mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law awaited my arrival with hats, snuggies, and an AMAZING spread of English treats and teas.

I am one special daughter-in-law. So much so I call Adam's mom and grandmother simply "Mom" and "Grandma" and from now on will refer to them as just that! They are wonderful women. Women who have truly welcomed me into their family and who love me deeply. I love each of them and cherish our times together. 

This morning was no different. Mom created such a peaceful, relaxing, fun environment to celebrate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. The three of us bounced our excitement and eagerness onto each other and it resulted with three giddy women eating tons and tons of food drinking not only tea, but a little coffee too..after all, it was 6 in the morning :)

Here are some of the photos I snapped quickly before we all dove in for food. All of the credit goes to Mom or "Mum" as Adam likes to call her. She worked so hard in creating English treats for us as well as decorating the tables with our wedding photos and other beautiful touches..not to mention a few Wills and Kates soaking it up in the "hot tubs" ;) 


There are a few photos of us in our snuggies and hats but I think those need to stay just in the family ;)

I hope you enjoyed our Tea For Three! Leave some love for my mother-in-law, she always reads my blog and would be delighted to hear what you think!

Happy Weekend To You!

26 comments:

  1. She did a wonderful job! Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is amazing! Sounds like you had a lovely morning. I certainly drank a lot of tea and eat a lot of cake today to celebrate but it was not as beautiful as this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of effort went into this Royal Wedding Party. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my mom's handwriting! Oh, the fact that I bought the SAME little debbie white cakes for my girls and I! Oh, the fact that you enjoy my family, Katie, b/c I KNOW they enjoy you!
    Thanks for partying with my "mum" and "grandmum" this morning!
    Good work, Mother! (B/c I know you're reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh so wonderful! i love parties for unique occasions like this. sounds like SUCH a blast. you seem to have an amazing family. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I love that you had a tea party!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I just wanted to come over and say hi, and thanks for the sweet words. I tried to find an email address for you but I couldn't. I'm so glad you have fun at my linky party! I hope to see your face often!

    kisses,
    Emily
    WhipperBerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to celebrate!! I love the printables and the fancy spread!! : )
    Such fun memories for all three of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "mum" and grand "mum" went all out! I love how they included photos of your family in the tablescape. Love the printables and the delicious spread! I know you will continue to have many fun times!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a splendid job. Love the printables! Stop by my place if you get the chance. The whole world enjoyed the wedding I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun is that? What an awesome family you have! Love all the cute details.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how very sweet...my husband's family is British so the wedding was a big deal....I'm so glad you enjoyed it...it was dreamy wasnt it?
    have a great weekend sweetie...xo
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stumbled across your blog. That is amazing, I'm impressed! Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think she's one amazing lady- what a display! As a German ex- pat in England, I had no interest in this wedding whatsoever (I suppose it's not easy to impress a German with monarchy...), but I swear, had I been confronted with that tea party, I would have ended up waving little flags like a complete fruitcake and wrapping myself in acres of bunting!
    Way to go, Katies' "Mom"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just SO precious! Dedication, girlfriend! 455am?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your comment made me smile. Yes, we are 46ers ;o) Let me know once your husband finishes his 46, and we'll celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing. i love your closeness with your inlaws, and the whole set up so early in the morning! those cutouts in the tea and in the goodies are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great tea party for the wedding! your mom and grandma ;) did a wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun! I love tea parties! "Mum" did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How beautiful, the archetypal British tea party done to perfection!

    ReplyDelete