4.13.2011

.Off Week.

Hello friends.

This is my fourth attempt this week to sit and write a blog post. As a follower, you are aware my last post was on Saturday night and it is now Wednesday night. Please note I said "attempt" in the first sentence. I have written three different posts earlier in the week but they all ended with me pressing backspace until every single letter typed was deleted. I simply did not know what to write and how to communicate my thoughts and feelings into words. Tonight I am just going to type and type until my finger scrolls down to "PUBLISH POST." Here I go!

It's been an off week.

Not really in a bad way, just a different kind of way. Adam and I have been very busy packing up our duplex and are currently surrounded by boxes, bins, and laundry. I think this is the cause for the off week. The mood is different in our home and even poor Colden feels it. We are excited about the new house but sad to leave our little place. This is the first house we brought our puppy home to and spent our first 2 years of marriage in. We have had fights, laughter, romance, and tears in this home. So many "firsts" happened in my marriage and as a puppy mom in our little duplex. Memories are everywhere and I am sad to leave. Packing has been bittersweet. 

It's been an off week.

The girls I nanny have been very confused by the situation and do not understand why there are boxes everywhere and why our pictures are packed up. This has definitely caused a funk with the girls and even myself. Again, not in a bad way, just a different kind of way.

It's been an off week.

I am tired tonight and typing this does not feel very natural, it's more like a task to complete. All week I have been wanting to finish a painting project I started for Adam back in February, February! This is not a "Katie" thing to do--I am always on top of my projects and usually cannot sleep until it is finished and "perfect." His paintings are not finished and I find myself always putting them on the bottom of my to-do list. I must paint tomorrow! I must, I must, I must! 

It's been an off week.

Going back to packing (cannot get past it especially when I am staring at the very boxes my feet are resting upon), I have realized Adam and I differ in a very big way--let me phrase it as, "To Keep or Not To Keep." That's right, one wants to keep everything and one wants to donate/get rid of everything. Can you guess which one feels which way? It's okay if can't, I'll just tell ya! Adam wants to KEEP EVERYTHING! I like to GIVE, GIVE, GIVE, GET RID, GET RID, GET RID! We have been struggling on what to keep and what not to keep. I understand why you should keep things (especially when you have more room in a new house) but certain things that I know have been sitting in a box in the closet under the stairs for the past two years are things you can say GOODBYE to! I am a huge fan of having a garage sale, donating items to Goodwill, or even giving some of our nicer things to friends in need. Trust me, I do keep a lot and I do keep my things in good condition however there are always "those things" that are simply too random or are duplicates that need to go bye bye. I do not want to bring unnecessary things into the new house, I do not want clutter. Just for kicks, how do you feel? Would you keep it, or get rid of it? 

It's been an off week.

One thing in particular this week that has discouraged me deals with my blog. I "lost" a follower. I know this should not mean anything, but I took it personal and feel badly for letting that one person down. So much so that they decided to no longer follow my blog. I am sure this sort of thing happens in the blogging world (or at least I am telling myself) so I will try and keep my chin up and remember how lucky I am to have all of you reading my blog. Thank you again.

It's been an off week.

I am tired. I know I already told you this, but I am. Sleeping has been difficult for both Adam and myself because we cannot turn our minds off to rest. There are so many things we want to do to the house and we like to dream and pretend we can afford anything and just talk about it. I have a husband who talks more than me, pretty cool huh? We talk too much in bed. When you are in bed it's time to sleep but how can one sleep when you will be moving in a few short weeks?! Oh the possibilities you can create in a new home. Yep, we are tired. I am sure tonight will be no different.

I think I'll end on that note, whatever kind of note that is. I'll be back soon with more craft projects and updates on the new house. Until then, I am just having an off week, it happens :) Thank you for reading my ramblings.

Goodnight friends.

15 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are having an off week. It is so hard taking the plunge and doing a move from a home with so many memories to one that has none to you - just yet!! How exciting to have a new home to make a million new memories in. You guys should just pack everything and go through it later. ha. Thats what I keep telling myself and we moved in 5 years ago - I still havent gone through all our stuff in boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bad week--it sounds rough. I'm going through some similar changes--we'll be moving in a few months and although I've spent the past 3 years looking forward to leaving, now that it's almost time to go I'm starting to feel really sad about it! And don't worry about the 1 lost follower . . . their loss! You are so sweet, I SO wish I knew you in real life because you seem totally amazing, and your comments on my blog ALWAYS make me smile. So thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Kate! I understand how bittersweet your first move is as a married couple. Scott and I felt it when we left our first apartment. I just know you'll have many new memories in no time, though. ;) Keep trust chin up, forget about that one follower who is missing out on your wonderful blog, and enjoy the late nights filled with fun conversations! Sleep I'd completely overrated! :)

    Love you and see you so sooooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate off weeks. I lose followers all the time. I will gain a few and then lose a few. So you aren't alone. If you are too busy to judge the photos then let me know and I will pick. I hope you have a better week soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i identified so much with this. my husband and i moved from st louis to georgia. i wanted to throw or give away everything (including our living room furniture)and he wanted to keep everything. we moved 9 months ago and we just went through our closets and threw out a big black trash bag full of stuff and filled a box for goodwill. it seems the junk is never ending : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, dear!
    I don't know the situation about your lost follower, but can I encourage you that sometimes people who follow a lot of blogs have to do a little "blog purging" -- kind of like you like to do with your house...occasionally, I have to go online and unsubscribe to websites that I just don't have TIME to visit, even though I still LOVE the site, and would visit, but it's a matter of setting priorities!
    I don't know if that was the case, but since you were talking about purging your house, it made me think of that. You have a great blog!
    Oh, and I just thought I'd let you know that the one constant issue in my marriage (we've had many others, but we usually work through those -- whereas, this issue is one that has come up REPEATEDLY over 10 years of marriage and 6 moves) is whether to keep or throw! It must be a family thing! I vote with Adam -- KEEP :) (God is so good, Katie, to have given you to Adam to help balance him -- just like my husband was given to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, I have this problem every time I take my summer or winter clothes down from the attic, I do a clean up of clothes that I don't wear and give them to my Mom to donate...My Mom always comes back and says "Oh you're getting rid of this or Don't you wear this" and I'm always like "Fine, I'll keep it" But I think this year it will be different because my Mom is going to put all donations on her taxes, so it will benefit her (and other people) if I donate more clothes.hehe

    I feel your sadness about moving...I know that the time is approaching that I'm going to move out of my parents house and I want to because I'm growing up and all that good stuff. But when I think about it I get really sad thinking about leaving my childhood home and the only house that I've ever lived in and all the memories. Not the same situation, but the same sadness.

    Don't worry about your lost follower, I follow your blog enough for two people anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PURGE!!! PURGE PURGE PURGE!!!! HAHA I laughed when I read your post, because I love nothing more than a good purge! It's a good thing we don't live close to each other because I have a feeling we would be forced to get together and do lots of projects and purge stuff to the dismay of all HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry you are having an off week! I hate those...

    And loosing a follower stinks... I know.. Mine hover in the same spot all the time. But I do know that a bunch of my readers have changed the WAY they read, adn even though I thought they weren't reading anymore, they were, just not on Google so they unfoolowed everything in google... jsut a thought...

    And hey, you gained a new reader recently.... ME :-) So chin up and carry on!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katie,
    This is my first time to your blog and oh my gosh, I love it. Would love to chat. We all have those kind of weeks and I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now. Please shoot me an email at HeatherBrown@E-Mealz.com, I'd like to run an idea by you.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Katie! Those weeks happen. I hate moving. It's exciting and wonderful, but Sid and I pack differently. I have open boxes in every room, and do a little every day, starting a month or so out. He wants to do one whole room a day. So we have had most of our big fights during the packing stage. Also, we both want to get rid of things, but different things.

    Losing a follower probably has nothing to do with you. I've had to stop reading a few blogs for times sake, and I still go back and check them every now and then when I have some extra time.

    You, and your blog, are beautiful. Don't get discouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you're having an off week. I'm not a "follower" but I do check your blog 3 or so times a week, so take that! Keep your chin up, keep a list of things that need to be done, and relish when you can cross each one off your list. Rest and get on with it. Be well :-) Oh, and I almost forgot, I love to purge, my husband loves to hoard. Ugh, makes me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well how about this. You gained a follower too. I'll be subscribing in just a minute. Here's to an on week next week and an easy move. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You all are AWESOME. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This week is going much better :) You all helped me tremendously! I hope your week is treating you well, much love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say, My new husband and I have the keep/give away problem as well. He has a bunch of boxes full of stuff he cant even tell me whats in them but they are "important" when we go through them they have things like.. a tacobeel poster.. his first paycheck.. love notes from middle school, VHS tapes. chalk (??) a lava lamp (thats missing the top but he insists on keeping..) and a bunch of other things that are now keeping my guest room from being a guest room... its known lately as mikes junk room.. so sad...

    ReplyDelete