Adam and I fell in love with our home as soon as we saw the back wrap around deck. Our minds instantly began imagining all of the BBQ's and parties we would host for our friends and families.
This is what the deck looked like the very first time we visited:
We have not done much to the deck this summer because the heat has been too much to handle. The thought of staining a deck in 100 degree weather just does not sit well with the hubs and I. We decided to save this for project for the Fall.
As the title reads, this is simply Phase 1 of our deck makeover. It started with Adam blowing and sweeping everything off of the deck followed by a much needed power washing! He pressure washed every window, door, board, railing, and even did the siding! (I think he was actually having fun!) Adam also hung hooks up to hang my beautiful ferns, what a guy!
As soon as he finished power washing, the sky opened up with a summer storm. Awesome, but it caused us to blow and sweep the deck again. When the deck dried and the skies cleared, we eagerly moved our patio furniture in place and set it up with the cushions!
We are thrilled with the results and cannot wait until Phase 2!..Well, okay maybe we can..Fall here we come!
Phase 2 Goals:
- Paint exterior doors a deep navy blue
- Add navy blue shutters to the window over the loveseat
Phase 3 Goals:
- Add boards to the portion of the deck floor under the overhang
- Buy indoor/outdoor carpeting either tan or navy blue
- Paint, using stencils, a fun design on carpeting
Phase 4 Goals:
- Stain, stain, STAIN the deck! We are thinking about a light chocolate brown for the floor boards and ceiling of overhang and white for all of the railings. Any suggestions?
Thanks for checking out Phase 1 of our Deck Makeover!
P.S. Quick tutorial coming soon on the fern planter I made :)