2.07.2014

.Our House at Christmas.

Valentine's Day is almost here which means it is my last chance to FINALLY share my Christmas decor with you! 

(As I shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes..)

The goal was to have my house decorated, pictures taken, and post published before Christmas when everyone was in the festive mood..then reality hit. Life with my little babe suddenly took my "spare" time away and stole my attention and heart from other hobbies and necessary house cleaning. I found myself wanting to simply play with Penny, make her laugh, tickle her tiny feet, and hold her while she slept instead of doing anything else. I still have a desire to do other things but the truth is..

..my kid rocks!

She is so much fun right now and I am soaking her in every single day. 

Now back to the awkward Christmas in February post!

Our decorations only made it into the living room and only one Christmas craft was completed this year. You know what?--I'm actually quite proud of that small victory. Adam and I hosted my family this year and the morning before they arrived (while the house was actually clean!) I was able to snap a few pictures to capture our house at Christmas. 

Enjoy our simple, modern decor and pretend it's mid December ;) 
My sister-in-law Kim crocheted this beautiful blanket for me as my Christmas gift last year. It is as soft and warm as it is lovely! The sunburst pattern pairs well with the mirror I made a few years ago.
Pictured above are the new Christmas wreaths I crafted this year next to my felt trees from years past.

Target stopped selling these stockings so poor little Penny does not have a matching one. I'll have to find new ones for next year.
 No fuss wrapping this year, I was just thankful to get all the gifts finished in time!
 Christmas lights are pure magic.

When Adam and I lived in our rented duplex, our Christmas decorations were very rustic. Our new house is brighter and more colorful so our Christmas decor matches those fun, playful qualities. The white trees and couch pillows are from Ikea. The stockings, stocking holders, snowflake pillows, and the majority of ornaments are from Target. The felt trees and wreaths were crafted by me. The blanket was made by my sister-in-law. The deer were purchased at an antique store and spray painted white.

Thanks for reading and getting back into the holiday spirit for one very overdue post :) 
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

17 comments:

  1. Makes me miss Christmas.. your decorations are beautiful! LOVE the felt tree's. I pinned it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I was just wondering yesterday how you are doing, sounds like your new family is doing well! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I've checked your blog every other day since your last post in hopes that one day a new post will be there. FINALLY! :) Hopefully another will follow soon with a picture of little Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I've checked your blog every other day since your last post in hopes that one day a new post will be there. FINALLY! :) Hopefully another will follow soon with a picture of little Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I was just checking out your blog and had a quick question. Could you please email me back when you get the chance? I really appreciate it, thanks!

    Emily : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie,

    This is Smith. I came across your blog and found that plastic spoon mirror craft...I really love that one and decided to do that one for me. But I'm not sure whether it turns out just like the one you made. Is that possible for you to remade and sell that craft with different color of my choice. Please drop an email to my gmail id plantflowers14@gmail.com. Appreciate your quick response.

    Thanks
    Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. đồng tâm
    game mu
    cho thuê nhà trọ
    cho thuê phòng trọ
    nhac san cuc manh
    số điện thoại tư vấn pháp luật miễn phí
    văn phòng luật
    tổng đài tư vấn pháp luật
    dịch vụ thành lập công ty trọn gói

    "Nếu như giờ phút này, chủ trì đại cục không phải ta mà là các ngươi, ta hiện tại có thể khẳng định: cho dù đang ở Đại Triệu, nhưng các ngươi lại thất bại thảm hại trong tay Sở diêm vương, biến thành một cỗ thi thể lạnh lẽo!"

    Đệ Ngũ Khinh Nhu sắc mặt trầm trọng.

    Đám người Hàn Bố Sở, Trình Vân Hạc mồ hôi như mưa.

    "Cho dù là ta, cho dù có nhìn thấu tất cả kế hoạch của hắn, nhưng trước khi bắt được Sở diêm vương, cũng chỉ có thể tận hết khả năng giảm bớt tổn thất, mà không có khả năng phá giải hoàn toàn!"

    "Đem phong thư này, cất vào phòng ngủ của ta." Đệ Ngũ Khinh Nhu nhẹ giọng nói: "Ta muốn nghiên cứu thật kỹ bút tích vị Sở diêm vương này! Nên biết, đây chính là bút tích duy nhất của Sở diêm vương truyền lưu ra ngoài từ trươc tới nay! Đối với chúng ta mà nói, hơn một trăm chữ này, vô giá!"

    "Vâng!"

    "Kim Mã Kỵ Sỹ đường tiếp tục tổ chức rút lui, đem nhưng gì trọng yếu rút trước."

    "Vâng!"

    "Chú ý tới tin tức của thanh kiếm kia." Trên trán Đệ Ngũ Khinh Nhu lộ vẻ lo lắng: "Một cây đao đã hủy hoàng cung, vậy thanh kiếm này sẽ ra sao đây?"
    "Mệnh lệnh Cao Thượng Quân, Nghiêm Thành Hoán, Ngô Dũng ba người, suất lĩnh tam đại binh đoàn, toàn quân xuất động, lập tức toàn lực tấn công Vô Cực! Cho tới mùa hè, nhất định phải đánh Vô Cực quốc, cho dù không thể diệt quốc, thì cũng phải đánh cho nửa tàn, co đầu rụt cổ!" Hàn quang trong mắt Đệ Ngũ Khinh Nhu càng ngày càng nặng.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really impressed to see your blog. how it was mead!!!window cleaning jobs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Làm sao chữa trao nguoc da day thuc quan bằng đông y , Thảo mộc tri rung toc nam nữ , phụ nữ mang thai mắc rối loạn kinh nguyệt có nguy hiểm không , mỏi xương khớp benh thoai hoa dot song co có chữa được không ,cách làm giảm bớt đau dạ dày tại nhà . công trình nghiên cứ cách chua viem gan b , bệnh viêm amidan thế nào để chữa bệnh viêm amidan , Cắt viêm amidan hốc mủ khó chịu , Bài thuốc chữa viêm đại tràng mãn tính . làm gì để kiêng bệnh đau dạ dày ăn gì cho nhanh khỏi . Khám phá ttriệu chứng bệnh đau dạ dày thế nào. đau rát viêm họng mãn tính chữa ra sao , Các mẹ cùng chua viem amidan o tre em đơn giản , chảy máu sau cắt viêm amidan kiêng ăn gì .
    Hạt đậu rồng chữa bệnh dạ dày .
    Những triệu chứng bệnh viêm xoang .
    Đông tây y hay thuốc dân gian chữa bệnh dạ dày tất cả đều hiệu quả . Mẩn ngứa mề đay ở người lớn và còn sảy ra benh me day o tre em nữa .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cách điều trị đau bao tử hiệu quả nhanh , cùng xem cách chữa loét hành tá tràng , triệu chứng viêm amidan , Hỏi đáp bệnh amidan hốc mủ cấp tính ,Dân gian thuốc chữa mề đay nổi đỏ , thuoc chua benh gan nhiem mo , đặc trị bệnh viêm phế quản phổi hiệu quả , Mẹo hay chua ho hieu qua thế nào ,Thời tiết bệnh viêm mũi dị ứng ,xông mũi chữa viêm xoang mãn tính dịch mủ, Thuốc dân gian chữa đau dạ dày cấp tính , bệnh trào ngược thực quản phổ biến

    ReplyDelete
  11. Il Philippe Caliber 89 Pocket Watch, è un repliche orologi svizzeri da tasca meccanico, è in grado di visualizzare la temperatura, ed è stato finito replica orologi italia
    dopo ben cinque anni di lavoro e ricerca. Il costo di questo modello è stimato sui 6 milioni di dollari.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gamekiller
    gamekiller app
    gamekiller download
    It also didn't feature a client app, so it didn't really feel like a full digital.

    ReplyDelete